GW2Gold Forum Index GW2Gold
welcome to you!

GW2Gold 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chamberlain. "Were

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vv1122365

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject: Chamberlain. "Were Reply with quote

CLEVELAND -- Once he discarded his bat, rounded the bases and tossed his helmet, Michael Brantley was doused with water by his celebrating teammates. Just like that, a four-game losing streak and a forgettable weekend were washed away. Brantley homered with two outs in the 10th inning off Al Alburquerque, giving the Cleveland Indians a 5-4 win over the drowsy Detroit Tigers on Monday night. Brantley connected on a 3-2 pitch from Alburquerque (1-1), driving it into the Tigers bullpen to end Clevelands four-game slide. Brantley held onto his bat until he nearly reached first base, unsure if the ball was going to clear the wall. "I was nervous," Brantley said. "I didnt know what do." After rounding third, Brantley flung his helmet to the side and received a wet welcome home. He was sprayed with bottles of water and then drenched by a bucket dumped over his head during a postgame interview. "It was cold," he said. It was worth it. Brantleys homer warmed the Indians, who have seen errors and losses pile up lately. Over the weekend, they were outscored 30-6 in being swept by Oakland. With the first-place Tigers in town, the Indians couldnt afford to fall any further in the AL Central, and Brantley gave them a dramatic win in the opener. "As long as we win, thats the main thing," manager Terry Francona said. "But the way it ended -- that was great." Scott Atchison (1-0) pitched a perfect 10th, retiring Miguel Cabrera and Victor Martinez for the first two outs. Detroits J.D. Martinez hit a pinch-hit homer in the ninth off Cody Allen to tie it 4-all, but the Tigers couldnt muster more magic in extra innings. The Tigers, who arrived just three hours before the first pitch because of travel delays from Boston, had their 11-game road winning streak ended. "We knew the game would end at some point, and wed be able to go back and get some sleep," Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said. "We were hoping to go back and get some sleep with a win, but it wasnt to be." Rookie Jesus Aguilar had two RBIs for the Indians. Martinez hit his 11th homer for the Tigers, who despite the loss have won 19 of the last 26 against Cleveland. With Detroit two outs from losing its road winning streak, Martinez homered off interim closer Allen to tie it 4-all. Batting for shortstop Andrew Romine, Martinez drove a 1-0 pitch over the wall in centre, just over the glove of leaping outfielder Michael Bourn at the wall. It was Martinezs first homer in 40 at-bats and it came at the perfect time for the sleep-deprived Tigers, who earlier rallied from a 3-1 deficit to tie it in the fifth. The Indians took a 4-3 lead in the seventh on Aguilars sacrifice fly. Cleveland badly needed a strong outing, and Corey Kluber came through. The right-hander allowed eight hits and struck out eight in seven innings. He contained the ALs best hitting club and didnt show any fear while pitching inside to Cabrera, who didnt seem pleased with the right-handers challenge. Kluber set the tone early when he started Cabrera off with a high, inside pitch in the first that annoyed baseballs most feared hitter. Cabrera took his time getting back into the batters box as Kluber waited patiently. Cabrera, who came in batting .417 with three homers against Kluber, struck out and then shot a menacing stare toward the right-hander. "I saw him looking at me," Kluber said, "and I just ignored it. You got to keep them honest." The Tigers, who walked into Progressive Field wearing pajama-like travel suits after their long day, tied it 3-3 in the seventh on a two-run double by No. 9 hitter Rajai Davis. Nick Swisher and Aguilar hit RBI singles in the fifth off Detroit starter Drew Smyly, who was the only well-rested Tigers player. He spent Sunday night in Cleveland while his teammates were stuck in Boston, where they were forced to spend an extra night due to mechanical problems with their plane. The Indians went 0 for 15 with runners in scoring position against the Athletics before Swishers base hit. NOTES: Former Tigers manager Jim Leyland watched the game from the press box. Leyland, who retired after last season, is a special assistant to general manager Dave Dombrowski. ... Detroit starters came in with a major league-best 2.64 ERA. ... The Indians plan to activate DH Jason Giambi from the 15-day disabled list on Tuesday. The 43-year-old has been out with a calf strain since May 5. ... Indians OF Michael Brantley has hit safely in 16 straight home games. ... Indians RHP Trevor Bauer will be recalled to start Tuesdays game against Justin Verlander. Eddie Yarbrough Jersey .Y. - Geno Smith still thinks of himself as the New York Jets starting quarterback. Vladimir Ducasse Jersey . - Whether its because of her improved play or the reason for it, Michelle Wie appears as comfortable on and off the golf course as at any time in her career. http://www.cheapbillsjerseyssale.com/?tag=kelvin-benjamin-jersey-sale . Head of clinic Josef Obrist tells the Austria Press Agency on Thursday that Morgenstern "is doing surprisingly well. ... He still has a memory gap but thats nothing unusual." Morgenstern has moved to a rehabilitation clinic in Klagenfurt for further recovery. Khari Lee Jersey . Hes the same player he always was, only now his efforts are being rewarded. The rookie manager has made a habit of heaping praise on others when things are going well, and accepting criticism when they arent. But in the case of Hurtado, its what the coach is NOT saying that may be the secret to a superb run of form. Wyatt Teller Jersey . The freestyle skier from Calgary finished sixth in the qualification round with a total of 82.00 points. Groenewoud won a silver medal at the X Games last month, just over five weeks after undergoing double knee surgery. TORONTO -- Toronto manager John Gibbons placed his trust in two new Blue Jays and was rewarded for his confidence. With Danny Valencia hitting a single and Nolan Reimold following with the game-winning double in the 10th inning, the Blue Jays came back for a 3-2 victory over the Detroit Tigers on Saturday. The Blue Jays tied it in the ninth on a single by Dioner Navarro against Tigers closer Joe Nathan. Valencia and Reimold, both unheralded acquisitions last month, entered the game as pinch-hitters in the eighth inning and struck out as the final two batters to face Tigers right-hander Max Scherzer, who had 11 strikeouts. But when Valencia and Reimold were set to hit as the first two batters in the 10th, Gibbons gave bench coach DeMarlo Hale a little nudge. "I said to DeMarlo at the start of that inning, weve got those two new news guys here, usually you see in the first couple of weeks in a new place they do something big," Gibbons said. "Its just kind of the way it happens, they both did it." Valencia, acquired in a trade with the Kansas City Royals on July 26, led off with an infield single into the hole at shortstop against reliever Joba Chamberlain (1-5). Valencia has a hit in seven of his first 10 games with the Blue Jays. Reimold, claimed off waivers from the Baltimore Orioles on July 6, took a called first strike, fouled off the next one and pounded an 0-2 slider that caught too much of the plate to left centre for the winning hit. "I was expecting a breaking ball but I was expecting it to be a ball trying to get me to chase," Reimold said. "So thankfully I was ready to hit and put it in play. Ill take it. I was happy to come through." Its not the first game that Reimold has won for the Blue Jays. After coming off a calf injury that put him on the disabled list, he hit two home runs, including the game winner, at Houston on July 31. His hit on Saturday made a winner of left-handed reliever Aaron Loup (4-3) who pitched the top of the 10th after rookie right-hander Marcus Stroman pitched a career-high nine innings. The win also gave the Blue Jays a boost after the Tigers scored three runs on two home runs in the ninth inning in a 5-4 comeback win on Friday. "The whole team played a great game, Stroman pitched awesome," Reimold said. "I had a feeling we were going to pull it out," Stroman said. "Everyone was super confident in the dugout, guys kind of had a buzz about them that knew we were going to get the job done and it ended up working out. As everything was unfolding, I was just sitting there excited." The Blue Jays (62-56) and Tigers (63-51) have split the first two games of the series with the rubber match on Sunday. Stroman, who had a good sinking fastball Saturday, allowed four hits, three walks and two runs while striking out four. He is the first Blue Jays rookie to go nine innings since David Bush on Oct. 1, 2004, against the Neew York Yankees.dddddddddddd Scherzer, who has had 11 strikeouts in a start one other time this season and has a season high of 13, said he was spent after holding the Blue Jays to four hits, no walks and one run after eight innings. "I was done," Scherzer said. "Theres nothing else to it. I was done Im not going to sit here and play second guess the manager. I was done. I looked at Brad (manager Ausmus) and he had his hand out so I shook it and I was done. Thats all there is to talk about. I emptied the tank to get through the last inning." Nathan replaced Scherzer for the bottom of the ninth but could not hold the 2-1 lead. Jose Reyes led off with a single, his second hit of the game, and stole second. A review of the play at second base upheld the safe call. Melky Cabreras fly out to deep right sent Reyes to third. Jose Bautista was walked intentionally. Navarro rapped a 3-1 pitch on the ground to right field to tie the game at 2-2. The Blue Jays had a chance to win it without going to an extra innings. A wild pitch put runners at second and third. Colby Rasmus walked to load the bases and right-hander Joakim Soria replaced Nathan. Juan Francisco popped out to shortstop and Munenori Kawasaki grounded out to first to send the game to an extra inning. Soria came to the mound for the 10th but left with a side strain before throwing a pitch and was replaced by Chamberlain. "Were not sure how bad it is," Ausmus said. "We wont know until tomorrow." Victor Martinez sliced a two-out, two-run double to left field in the sixth inning as the Tigers took a 2-0 lead. Ian Kinsler, who singled with two out, and Miguel Cabrera, who walked, scored. The Blue Jays answered with a run in their sixth. Reyes singled with two out and Cabrera sent him home with a double to left centre. It was Cabreras second hit of the game as he extended his hit streak to four games. That set up the late-inning heroics. "It was a great day all the way around," Gibbons said. "It was really the only way to end it." Notes: Announced attendance at Rogers Centre was 45,927, ninth sellout of the season. ā Blue Jays DH Adam Lind (right foot fracture) was not in the lineup Saturday for the Gulf Coast League game in Florida. He is still expected to join the Blue Jays in Seattle for a three-game series against the Mariners that opens on Monday. Lind went 2-for-2 on Thursday in his first rehabilitation outing in the GCL but took Friday off as a precaution after he experienced some back tightness. āFormer Blue Jays OF Rajai Davis had two singles on Saturday for the Tigers. He had two doubles in Detroits 5-4 win on Friday. āLHP David Price (11-8, 3.11 earned-run average), who was acquired from the Tampa Bay Rays in a trade on July 31, will pitch the series finale on Sunday for the Tigers against Blue Jays LHP Mark Buehrle (11-8, 3.27 ERA). Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GW2Gold Forum Index -> Test Forum 1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: