GW2Gold Forum Index GW2Gold
welcome to you!

GW2Gold 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Walt Lemon scored

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vv1122365

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject: Walt Lemon scored Reply with quote

PINEHURST, N.C. -- At least Phil Mickelson probably wont face another close call at the U.S. Open. The six-time runner-up and zero-time champion slipped well off the pace Friday with a 73 that left him at 3 over -- 13 strokes behind record-setting leader Martin Kaymer. Its mostly because of his putter. After ditching the claw grip in favour of a more traditional one, Mickelson missed a series of putts that would have put him at least a little closer to Kaymer. "The hole looks like a thimble to me right now," Mickelson said. "Im having a hard time finding it." Now, at a tournament where everybodys seemingly playing for second, hes facing quite a climb to claw back within striking distance on a Pinehurst No. 2 course that 15 years ago was the site of the first of his many second-place finishes. Teenage playing partner Matthew Fitzpatrick called Mickelson "the master" of "getting out of trouble" and that ability certainly will be put to the test this weekend. "I feel like Im playing well enough to win the U.S. Open," Mickelson said. "Except for putting." Mickelson has been saying his putting could use some tweaking. Hes 100th among PGA Tour players in total putting this year after finishing 11th in that stat in 2013. So in an attempt to get his stroke back, he switched to a claw grip for the Open. Even after he shot even par during the first round, he said he wasnt sure how long hed stick with it. All of 18 holes, it turned out. "I felt like I identified what I was struggling with, and I thought it was my eye line had gotten well over the golf ball," Mickelson said. "So as I moved the ball away and put my eyes over the ball instead of over the top, I felt like thats how I putted last year, so I went back to my regular grip." Reverting back to the conventional grip for Round 2, Mickelson got off to an encouraging start with birdies on consecutive early holes. Then came the pesky par-3 sixth that "shook me a little bit." Mickelson plopped his tee shot onto the green, but three-putted for a four after his short par attempt hugged the lip of the cup before spinning out. Two holes later, he pushed his short putt wide left and settled for bogey -- the second straight day he bogeyed both holes. "After that," he said, "I was really fighting it." He added bogeys on two holes he birdied a day earlier -- on the par-5 10th, and on the 14th after spinning another short par putt around the lip of the cup. He ended his round by missing an 11-foot par putt on the 18th and tapping in for his fifth bogey. "Whenever you putt well and you make short ones and you make those 5-, 6-footers and youre running a couple of 20-footers in, the game feels easy," Mickelson said. "You dont put pressure on yourself to hit it close. You can hit more of the middle of the greens. Your ball striking then becomes a lot easier. Your targets are a lot bigger." Because that hasnt happened here yet, it sure looks like when Mickelson turns 44 on Monday, hell still be one victory shy of the career Grand Slam. The three-time Masters champ, 2005 PGA Championship winner and 2013 British Open champion began his run of runner-ups at this course 15 years ago when it staged its first Open. He was preparing for a playoff with the late Payne Stewart when Stewart sank a memorable 15-foot putt for par and the win -- and a statue of Stewart in that moment stands just beyond the green on 18. Mickelson led by a stroke heading into the last hole at Winged Foot in 2006 but finished with a double bogey. Last year, at Merion he led during the final round but finished two strokes behind Justin Rose. But after the way his putter struggled in Round 2, second place doesnt sound too bad. Besides, hes only seven strokes behind Brendon Todd for second. "Im not overly optimistic. Obviously Im not in good position, but more than that ... you cant fire at a lot of the pins," he said. "Youve got to make 25-, 30-footers, Im just not doing it. Im not going to give up. You just never know. Ive had rounds that kind of clicked. ... Tomorrow, I need to shoot 6- or 7-under par to have a realistic chance." Wholesale Authentic NFL Jerseys . Its a blessing and a burden for nine sons of former NHL players who are all expected to be taken in the first four rounds of the draft this weekend. Wholesale Jerseys China . They know how difficult it is to beat the San Antonio Spurs. George scored 28 points and Indiana defeated San Antonio 111-100 on Saturday night, snapping an 11-game skid against the Spurs. http://www.jerseyswholesale.net/ . Peko, a fourth-round pick in 2006, started all 16 games and a playoff loss to San Diego last season. He was second on the line with 72 tackles and had a career-high three sacks. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping .C. -- Gleason Fournier scored the shootout winner as the Grand Rapids Griffins defeated the Abbotsford Heat 4-3 Friday in American Hockey League action. Jerseys NFL Wholesale . -- Brandon Hope stopped 46 shots and Kurtis MacDermid scored with 27 seconds remaining in overtime as the Owen Sound Attack edged the visiting Kingston Frontenacs 5-4 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action.WICHITA, Kan. -- Fred VanVleet had 22 points and seven rebounds and No. 5 Wichita State remained undefeated with a 72-50 victory over Bradley on Tuesday night. Darius Carter added 11 points for the Shockers (18-0, 5-0 Missouri Valley Conference), who extended school records for winning streak and best start to a season in the first game as a top 5 team since 1981. After overcoming a 19-point, second-half deficit in its last game, Wichita State took any mystery out of this game pretty quickly. Walt Lemon scored 12 points, Tyshon Pickett added 11 and Omari Grier had 10 for Bradley (6-12, 1-4). Those three were a combined 12 of 37 from the field. The Shockers two leading scorers, Cleanthony Early and Ron Baker, combined for just 13 points in 40 minutes, and it didnt really matter. Bradley pulled within 15-14 on 3-pointer with 8:27 remaining in the first half. But the Braves made just one field goal over the next 5 minutes, allowing Wichita State to pull away. A 3-pointer by Baker keyed a 10-0 run. Minutes later, VanVleet scored five straight points to give the Shockers a 32-18 lead. After Bradleys Mason Alwan made a layup, the Shockers Derail Green took over. That wwas quite unexpected as Green had played in just 12 games this season, logging more than 5 minutes only twice.dddddddddddd He entered Tuesdays game averaging less than a point. But given early playing time due to Evan Wessels ankle injury, Green shined. He hit a 3-pointer, two free throws and another 3-pointer in a span of 62 seconds, pushing Wichita States lead to 40-20 with 1:35 left in the half. The Shockers did not take long to improve on a 40-23 halftime lead. Four free throws by Chadrack Lufile and a three-point play from VanVleet made it 47-23 with 17:47 remaining. Wichita States lead was so comfortable, walk-on John Simon, who had played a total of 23 minutes this season, entered the game with more than 13 minutes remaining. The Shockers lead continued to grow. A 3 by VanVleet with 5:59 remaining gave Wichita State a 70-38 lead, and the Shockers cruised to their eighth straight win over the Braves. VanVleet was 7 of 10 from the field and has scored at least 16 points in four of Wichita States last five games. Bradley had not played a conference game against a top 5 opponent since an 82-80 overtime loss at No. 4 Louisville on Jan. 4, 1975. Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GW2Gold Forum Index -> Test Forum 1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: